Statement on the Continued Unlawful Detention of Nizar Zakka
The following statement was issued by Mr. Nizar Zakka’s attorney in the United States, Mr. Jason Poblete related to Nizar’s unlawful detention as a hostage in Iran’s Evin detention facility.
On December 8, 2016, Nizar began a hunger strike to raise awareness about his plight as well as others being unlawfully imprisoned by the Iranian government. Mr. Zakka was detained by Iranian officials in September 2015 in Tehran and has since been held hostage by the Iranian regime. Since that time, Nizar has been subjected to not only physical and psychological torture, but he has also been denied much needed medical attention and consular services.
Mr. Zakka’s attorney has and will continue to press the U.S. State Department and other interested parties to do more to secure the unconditional release of Nizar and all other U.S. hostages.
Prior Statements and Related Information:
- UPDATE 2- Nizar Zakka Celebrates 2nd Virthday as a Hostage in Iran
- UPDATE 1- The Continued Unlawful Detention of Nizar Zakka, Unconditional Release on Humanitarian Grounds Urged
- The Continued Unlawful Detention of Nizar Zakka, Unconditional Release on Humanitarian Grounds Urged
- U.S. Congress Approves Measure Banning Ransom Payments for US Hostages Held in Iran
- U.S. Legal Permanent Resident/ICT Professional Sentenced by the Iranian Regime to 10 Years in Evin Prison, Fined Millions
- U.S. LPR/ICT Professional Held Hostage for a Year by Iran
- Amnesty International: Jailed IT Expert Denied Medical Care
- Is Iran Raising The Stakes For Releasing American Hostages?